03 November 2005

She's a Keeper, Unfortunately, I Am Not

I am back on the market again.

Lori broke up with me on Wednesday night. I admit I am not very happy with it, not unhappy with her, but unhappy with the situation. Timing, as they say, is everything, and although she didn't exactly use those words or that phrase, basically that is the case. I am ready, and she is not. We talked and it is fairly clear that door is closed now, and that I am moving on, and she will be doing what she needs to do.

I feel as though I did (nearly) the best I could, and was respectful, kind, and loving. In other words, I treated her like I wanted her to treat me. So I am happy with myself, although, I can't really be sure if that makes it worse or better.

I know I am fond of saying "one of me, millions of ladies...", but in this case I had thought I lucked into a real gem. I am sad and frustrated and just feeling like it's not going to happen for me. *sigh* I am going to miss her bunches. Please no trite messages about how there is someone out there for me, I already know that.

P.S. to Jitterbugs: Lori says she is likely to continue dancing, please make her feel welcome, thanks in advance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you are back on the market again....let's do lunch

Viv said...

What the Heck? That's hard. Now I know why you kept saying it was a long week last night. I know that you really like her.

Unknown said...

thanks anonymous. where should we meet?

Schmendrick said...

He said "lunch."

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it is 'fairly clear the door is closed now' with her? She'll be back.

Unknown said...

let me see if I can clarify. I am closing the door. regardless of whether she will be back or not.