13 December 2005

Nothing In Particular

One of our dear dancers, Corinn, is sick, and has been in the hospital since last Tuesday... poor thing, she is only 95 pounds dripping wet to begin with. It started with Mononucleosis, which somehow affected her liver and other organs. People who saw her last Tuesday said she was very yellow. She went into the hospital last Tuesday, and is still there now. They want her to have surgery. I didn’t see her until Saturday, she looked fine then, but when I saw her Sunday she had the chills, I felt so bad I wanted to hold her until she stopped shaking, but she is a little paranoid about getting other people sick too. Prayers will be welcome.

I took Venche to my company party last Saturday. It was at the Funnybone w-a-y out in west Omaha (I think you could see the Denver skyline). They had food there, but it was fairly marginal, and a couple of drink tickets, which kind of got confusing, but the comedians were very good. I enjoyed it and laughed so hard that the administrative assistant turned around and smacked me for snorting when I laughed. Afterwards we tried to meet up with Monique, Robin, and Vivian to play some cut-throat solitaire, but it kind of just didn’t happen.

Poor Kevin is having phone issues, as in his isn’t working at all. Sprint told him that it was “water damage”... What? He is savvy enough to know that is bull, but we can’t get the phone apart to see what they are really talking about. So in the mean time he is using my OLD phone, it’s ancient, no web, no text messaging, no customizable rings... who knew you could function with that little functionality (now that’s an awkward sentence).

No comments: