31 March 2008

World Premier(s)

IMG_8254.JPG - cornstalker
The world premier of my latest serious song, I got chills listening to her sing, it was also the premier of me singing (backup) one of my one songs "More of You".

I have much to say, and much to catch up on. Somehow the written word is failing me now. I've been walking on grace, heck, I'm just breathing the stuff. Life has been stressful for me as of late, as I sit here, my left eye is doing the twitch thing, yet here I sit also with a smile on my face knowing nothing can separate me from God's love.

Before I knew God, I always wondered what the big deal was about peace. Not in the opposite of war kind of way, but being personally peaceful, it seemed like so much gobbledy-gook. Where was the fun, especially compared to worldly pleasures I loved to fill my time with. What a fool I was, I lived in constant fear of everything, timidity of what I wanted, and surrounded by people of whom I hadn't the wit to appreciate.

I still lose perspective, waste my time and talents, and fail to show the love I have for my friends. But the clarity is there floating in the back of my head letting me know love is only as far away as my next breath. What a privilege it is to be Gods own. No matter what it is you crave, substances, sex, power... it's a shadow of what it is to know God.

I would like to just give a big public thank you to God for all the amazingly talented singer/songwriters He has surrounded me with, Chris, ErinOneDay, SmileChild, and Epp, shown here with me.

Thanks to Cornstalker for the picture.

No comments: