06 July 2005

For Whom the Belled Toll

My cats are part time outdoor cats. They stay in the backyard, mostly inside the fence, and they don't annoy the neighbor dogs. Unfortunately, there is some wildlife in the neighborhood. Monday they hauled in a baby bunny, and Tuesday it was a baby blue jay, and that was it for me. They are both wearing fancy new collars with bells on them. I don't really mind them catching the occasional snake or mouse, but dead bunnies and screaming blue jays are just too much.

3 comments:

Aerona said...

"Belled Toll?" *smirk*

Too much? Too much? It's just natural.

But then. So is too much. We humans have to remind the godless-er, godess felines that WE're in charge. *confuses selves* Or something like that...

Ooo! Look! A football with fur! *runs away to play with 'football'*

Sarah said...

Every one in a while we let our cat go outside, but 1) we keep her in sight, and 2) she's kinda scared of the wildlife. Birds freak her out, and she just chases the rabbits and squirrels; if they stop, she stops and gets a look on her face like, "What do I do if I catch it?"

It's actually kinda amusing.

Get A Life! said...

I feel your pain!

My kitty is a real killer too - will do blog posting on that soon!

(Has preference for male cardinals - so pretty! So easy to catch?)