03 July 2005

Random Post - Cycle Style

Some Random Thoughts.

I'm a rather big believer in politics and social trends being cyclical. That being said, the Supreme Court lags behind the trend in conservative / liberal because of how and when the justices are chosen. I hope you've enjoyed the last few years of individual rights. Because whoever replaces Sandra Day O'Connor isn't going to be as moderate. Abortion will be going away. Don't ever forget that the laws that apply to the poor in this country do not apply to the rich. Once abortion is illegal in this country, rich girls who get pregnant will all of sudden be taking a European "vacation", and they will be coming back not pregnant. Poor women will be risking their lives and jail time in back alley abortions. I believe abortion is wrong, regardless of my belief, changing the laws on abortion will not prevent it, it will just force it to Europe or underground.

Speaking of cyclical, could we get to a time where women I think are attractive are in vogue? Come on, if I was really interested in seeing woman after woman looking identically blonde, tan, surgically enhanced hips, and fake boobs, I'd go to Toys R Us and hang out in the Barbie section. The GREAT majority of you look fine just the way you are.

I think I've burned myself out on coffee flavored ice cream. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.

I still think my Cubs will be in the race at the end of it all this season, but they are sure making it tough to stay interested right now. Derek Lee is exciting to watch, two days in a row he had a good chance at hitting for the cycle (there's that word again). The guy just hits the ball. Boy I can't wait for that and good pitching to come back into style for baseball. Last word on the Cubs, just remember, anyone can have a bad century... my hair has.

Well I am off to choir, Happy Independence Day.

5 comments:

Get A Life! said...

Thank you for your wise comments on the Supreme Court. I agree - if you don't agree with abortion don't get one! If you want to make it illegal, read Freakonomics and lock your doors! :-)

Get A Life! said...

Hmmm... the part of your post where you say the "GREAT majority of you look fine..." makes me recall the post about "lies women tell"...is this just a lie men tell? Fodder for some good blogging! P.S. - the Great was underlined and I was hoping it was a link to photos of women you thought were cute! Then we could see! :-)

Unknown said...

nice controversy creation attempt there getalife. perhaps you're next conspirablog should be an investigation of yourself attempting to cause trouble for no apparent reason, well other than to amuse yourself.

Aerona said...

*sardonic chuckle*
I tried to find a copy of Freakonomics, but failed miserably. It seems that it's such a lame book, it caused the author to go bankrupt.
I only know this because the synopsis of the book amused me and piqued my interest. I simply HAD to 'read into it.'

*AHEM*

I'm so glad that we live in a country where we can say what we want, without fear of what our government will do to us. Obviously with a few exceptions. Treason is a good place to draw the line. LoL

Onionboy... I have to admit I am excessively pleased with your description of 'attractive' women. Not to diss good-looking women. Heavens, no!

*rereads post* Hey, wait a second! "MOST of you look fine..." *gives OnionBoy a sidelong glance*

Uh-huh... ;)

Unknown said...

yeah elf, i'm talking to all of you in that head of yours... most of you look fine.