05 March 2006

Mandy

I woke up this morning, made myself breakfast, eggos, and went to share a piece with Mandy, to find that she had died during the night.

I know that many of you have heard me comment about how amazed I was that my two smallest pets had such obvious personalities. Sis was outgoing, Mandy was the shy one. She liked the comfort of staying in the cage, when out of it she liked to hide in a pocket or under whatever was handy, towel, blanket, dog. She had the most amazing color fur, a combination of shiny silver and cocoa brown, the camera couldn't do it justice. She was the storer in the family, she'd take food out of my hand, run and hide it in a corner, and run back and get another piece, really only breaking this routine for the occasional piece of cheese or fresh berry.

I knew it wouldn't be long when she started drinking tons of water, but, well I guess for the survivors, there is no good time for a loved one to die.

Goodbye sweetie, I look forward to seeing you again someday...

2 comments:

Get A Life! said...

Saddened to hear of your loss.

Mae said...

Awww... I'm so sorry. She was such a sweet rat.