20 July 2008

Thank you

First and most importantly, I'd just love to say congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Matt & Vivian Johnson. Yes, I cried, what a big softie.

I was the emcee for the reception, an honor that I hope I did well with ... my main focus was to take the jitters and worries from the bride and groom, and help them to enjoy themselves. This is the kind of thing I love to do. Several people assisted me in this process, and that is what this note is about.

Merinda & Jenny for help in developing a schedule. Venche for fashion advice.

Micah for co-writing a song with me. Micah and Epp for singing it with me, recording it, and to the ever talented Erin for producing. Thanks to Mark for lending equipment, and being the roadie & sound guy, and to Omaha Jitterbugs and Nate for lending equipment. Also thanks to the forty or so people who knew about the song and kept it a secret from the bride and groom.

Thanks to Robin for running my camera. Thanks to Lisa for volunteering to run Matt's video camera, and to the many who took pictures with Matt's camera & the ones left on the table.

Thank you to Sarah Meade for tending to the injured so well and efficiently that the bride and groom probably don't know who got hurt.

To Keith and Micah for getting me a plate of food.

Special thanks to the best man, Nathan, and the maid of honor, Jenny who made things easy for me and helped move everything along ... and with them the entire wedding party.

I know everyone thinks their group of friends is the best around, but seriously, there were 15-20 who stayed until the end and helped clean up, no one had to ask, they self organized and pitched in. Too many to mention. *sigh* I love you all.

Thanks also to Troy, although it would be difficult to put exactly into words what he did/does, but his expectations are so high, it makes me do everything better.

No comments: