08 June 2010

First Week in June 2010

Because I was on call the week before, and Monday was a holiday, I was still on call for the entire day. The morning was quite busy, but by the afternoon it had quieted down enough for me to make some guacamole, some cookies, and head over to Amanda's house for her Memorial Day party. The theme was fish tacos and they were awesome!

100_2819.JPG - Me
Aw! I look so pretty!

100_2807.JPG - Me
Later on, this device attacked Brianne and I.

100_2804.JPG - Me
I'm sure it's not Ron's best picture ever, but it's a good action shot.

You can see all the pictures I took from Amanda's party right here

Tuesday I probably did the dumbest the thing I have done in a long time. The storm of the century was heading south from Omaha to Sarpy County, and instead of just waiting it out at work, I left early and tried to beat the storm home. Yeah, that wasn't smart. I was soaked before I could get to the car. I drove home right in front of a wall cloud and hail. I'd stop at a stoplight, and the hail would start, then I'd drive out of it. It was just dumb of me to do, and I think I won't be doing anything like that again anytime soon.

100_2830.JPG - Me
It was still raining when I took this shot.

When I got home, there was dance practice, and David and Anna were staying with us, but the only people who showed up were Tony and Joe. Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out there are no follows, so I stayed upstairs and worked on my blog and other things.

Wednesday after work Brianne and I met Rachel Sawin at the Crane Coffee on (Ben) Cass Street for our Catholic Voice interview for Mass Chaos. She made it really easy for me to talk to her, Brianne was great too. I'll be posting the link on this blog after it comes out. Afterwards, I was famished, Brianne too, so we had dinner at the closest Chinese restaurant (sorry, I don't remember the name).

Thursday after work, I had dinner with Kevin and Joe and Buffalo Wild Wings in Bellevue. It was boneless Thursday, and we ate wings. I went a good deal of the middle of the week with no veggies, oops. I have the NTN Buzztime trivia app for my iPhone, and it is a battery hog, I can play it for about ten minutes before the phone is drained. If this paragraph isn't scattered enough for you, try this sentence.

Friday was my half day compensation for working on call. In fine OnionBoy tradition, I went and did something frustrating; I call it golf. I did really well on the front nine, and fell apart on the back, sigh. I shot a 40/46. After I got home and cleaned up, I went to the dance. Friday's dance was a big time stretch, it just seemed to go on and on and on, in a good way.

Saturday 'morning' I got up and met CJ at Tara Hills for more golf. This was different, I fell apart on the front nine, actually after the first seven holes I was eight over par. I think I accurately determined the problem was a sugar crash. I thought about how I could get some sugar into my bloodstream in the fastest way possible and then get a hot dog at the turn. Oh, look, it's the beer cart girl: "I'll have a Mike's Hard Lemonade". That did the trick, real food at the turn, and I was only four over par for the final 11 holes. That is how I expect to golf.

Late Saturday afternoon I went to the Saint Lucia Festival with Jenny, Stacy, Sarah, Hugh, and Jon. We enjoyed some food and music and then walked over the pedestrian bridge. It turns out that Jon is quite the destructor. He wanted to take apart the bridge piece by piece, fortunately, we threatened to throw him over the side to make him stop ... I mean we talked him out of it. Later on Keith met us, and we went down to Ted and Wally's.

100_2851.JPG - Me
I think this was a little harsh punishment for forgetting a hair tie for Jenny to borrow, but I wasn't going to get involved, we'll miss Sarah.

100_2881.JPG - Me
Jon decided to challenge the water to a duel, he lost.

100_2891.JPG - Me
Jenny in Nebraska, land in Iowa, storms over Missouri.

Not only did we have a great time, but Ted and Wally's flavors were good ... mmmm. See the rest of the pictures here.

Sunday Mass Chaos went to Sacred Heart, you can read about the adventure here. After Sacred Heart we had lunch on the other side of Omaha at the once might Garden Cafe, now reduced to a shell of it's former glory, still it was good. Later in the day I met up with Erin and we had dinner. She'll be moving back to New York State soon, but it's very nice to enjoy her company for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Coming up next week: More Stuff!

No comments: