28 December 2011

Second Week in December 2011

Monday after work I went to the grocery store, gathered up some items, then came home and made dinner for VK. I cooked steak for the first time in a long time. The results were, different, not in a bad way, but more in an unexpected way.

Tuesday and Thursday I had nothing going on, but on Wednesday I had dinner with Tony, one of my best friends from my high school days. Tony is a pilot, and flies into Omaha several times a year. We ate at Vivace, and talked about things old and new. I really appreciated a look back, but I don't live much in the past, and I try not to live too far in the future. I like the now. Friday immediately after work, I went to my annual work party with VK.

I've been really wanting to cut back on my social interactions lately. It's kind of a double edged sword. I know people think that I'm a social creature because I do so much, but I'm really not, and there are plenty of times when people can wear me out, and I need a break. On the other hand it's not really very good for me to withdraw from all social interactions either. It probably means I need a reset (refocus), I'm not sure I've ever managed to do one on the fly, but I think I am ready to try one, goodbye 2011, hello 2012.

Saturday morning I was up early(ish) and out to a More Mass Chaos Mass at Holy Family Shrine. I love the shrine, but the highway and the view right there is so distracting. After Mass there was a pot luck for the Shrine volunteers, I've been to potlucks where no one could cook. This was not the case here, I ate well.

Ronny, Joe, and I went shopping at Shadow Lake on the way home, and I almost finished my Christmas shopping. I dropped Joe off at home and then I drove Ronny all the way north to her house (she rode down with Marilou). Upon finally getting home, I almost immediately took a nap.

In the evening I had a tough decision to make, Jenny's or Kaleb's party? I ended up going to Kaleb's for the very simple fact that it is 15 minutes closer to home. It was game night, I played two games of To Court the King, two games of Ultimate Werewolf, and a game of Betrayal at House on the Hill. It turned out that we played To Court the King incorrectly the first time, and regardless, I won neither game, although I like it. Both games of Werewolf were a little anticlimactic, especially after how epic they were the last time we played. Kevin was the betrayer on the house on the hill, the haunt started early, and went very quickly. The haunt was Werewolves, they seemed overpowering, and my character was probably one of the lucky ones, I died instead of being turned into a werewolf. The rest of the evening was spent with ping pong and Rock Band ... and I didn't leave until 0330.

Sunday morning I was up and out the door early for the final installment of the More Mass Chaos Advent mini-tour, this time at Saint Philip Neri. I made it through Mass awake, but then I immediately went home to nap. When I went to sleep, I was slightly ahead in all three of my fantasy football leagues ... when I woke up, I was very much beaten. I had a chance to win all three leagues, now just a chance in one. Oh, in case there was a doubt, the Bears season continued its downward trend, hope we get a good draft pick.

No comments: