04 September 2007

Goodbye Roseana

I didn't just lose a friend here, I lost a coworker, or should I say that the other way around? I am so confused.

IM003706_1.JPG
Roseana and I at Mike and Roxy's wedding.

Roseana got her dream job in Dallas, and moved away. I can never fault anyone for following their dreams, it's just this life is an odd combination of too short and too long, too short for all the things you want to do while you are, and too long when you miss the people who have traveled out of your life. I got some quality Roseana time the day she started packing, I had the day off so I went and helped.

You know me, what was said is hardly ever important, the time together is. I don't really know Roseana as well as I know other people, but I do know she uses her mirror for something other than for combing her hair, she sees herself as a flawed but loved child of God, and is always looking for a way to be a reflection of His love to others, and following through on it. I could be more like that.

Roseana has had an odd sort of influence in my life. She has been right there when I have needed something ... like getting me to help with the 1314 Jones building project, or with encouragement when I might have been slipping a little. Odd how those sort of things happen, it's like she has been led by God to be where he wanted her to be. I could definitely be more like that.

People in Dallas, you got yourself one of the good ones, treat her well.



On August there was a party for her with a Cowboy theme.

i don't even know who i stole this from.
This here posse is going to round up all the good times.

IM003966.JPG
The best part of this picture is I am wearing white basketball shorts and tennis shoes, but from the chest up, I look authentic.

IM003960.JPG
Smeade is explaining the best way to ride a horse.

IM003960.JPG
Not really any action with this one, I just think it's a good picture.

1 comment:

Lori said...

You said, "I do know she uses her mirror for something other than for combing her hair, she sees herself as a flawed but loved child of God, and is always looking for a way to be a reflection of His love to others, and following through on it."
I really like how you put this into the context of her looking at herself in the mirror. What a neat compliment to her, and even more so, what an awesome testimony of Jesus and His work in her life.
(P.S. I found your blog through shera-shera who my dad has linked on his blog.)