23 June 2009

Amazing and Intense

Just before I left work tonight, the National Weather Service released a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the town I live in. It should be no surprise, in between 1600 and 1700 the temperature/dew point/heat index went from 97F/78F/116F to 87F/70F/91F, yeah that's a cold front coming through. This meant that I would have to drive home through it, heavy rain, sixty mile an hour winds, and possible hail. I wasn't looking forward to it, the warning didn't tell the whole story, it missed the intensity and the end of the rainbow.
IMG_0280.JPG - me
My first view of the rainbow near Shadow Lake.

IMG_0291.JPG - me
Things got fairly intense as I turned onto 48th street going north...

IMG_0292.JPG - me
...but then seemingly just to east, the rainbow reappeared...

IMG_0295.JPG - me
...right there in that cornfield, not 30 yards away...

IMG_0296.JPG - me
...um, more like on the hood of my car!

Now I just have to figure out how to spend this pot of gold. More here.

No comments: