11 January 2010

First Week in January 2010

Welcome to 2010!

The week got off to an inauspicious start with:

1) waking up half an hour early from a dream in which a monster not unlike Aylee (in her original form) was trying to eat me.
2) my car not starting, got a new battery Monday night.
3) got to work and my computer would not start, it turned out to be a video card gone bad, but there were associated issues that took a big bite out of my productivity the first part of my day.

Eventually it all worked out, VK met me for lunch and I received some Christmas presents from VK and her family. I love clothes in good taste.

Not much happened Tuesday through Thursday except for dizziness, headaches, and holding the bed down. I did manage to read through four more years of Sluggy Freelance, and I am actually current.

Friday was an exciting day at work. There are changes for the new year in the work environment, exciting changes. Yay!

After work on Friday I went to the JNO meeting (okay, I fed hungry cats first) then several of us hung out at the bar downstairs (which was practically empty). Upstairs was more crowded, but not the usual. The funny part of the night was provided by Vivian, she came in sipping a "grande" cup, so I asked what she was drinking ... latte, cocoa, espresso?

"Chicken Tortilla Soup" was the answer; then I caught a whiff of it and that's what it was. We finished up the night with pie at Village Inn.

Friday overnight into Saturday morning was supposed to be "coldmeggedon" with a low of -24°F. Um, almost, the low was 1°F. That's only 25°F off, plenty close enough, right?

Saturday, now officially buffet day. VK and I went out to lunch at Ameristar for the buffet. After eating too many plates worth of food we walked around for a while, then took naps. Later on I met up with Kevin and we had dinner at Golden Corral. All buffets, all the time. I have two problems with buffets, one is personal, and the other is preparation. My personal issue is I take "All You Can Eat" as an affront, a challenge. Someday I hope to not take it so personally. The preparation is butter and salt, I don't salt my food, and I think butter is good, but too much is bad. I suppose if I wanted a healthy buffet, I'd go to Whole Foods.

After all the hot buffet action, we stopped by my house to pick up a game and my camera. Kevin waited in the car, I ran in. I opened the door, and Danny comes running out Tim and Robin's room carrying a +1 sword of inflatableness. He starts whacking me with the sword in the leg. Then he grabs on to one of my legs for a ride, stabbing me the whole way, not letting go when I picked up my things and then he chased me halfway to the door before running away. Thank goodness for damage reduction.

Once over to Troy and Merinda's we watched Michelle, Merinda, Frank, and Joe finish up a game of Qwirkle (one of my faves). Then the six of us played a Game of Things, this was the game I got from Troy and Merinda for Christmas. It was quite fun(ny). Michelle left and Troy then joined us for a game of Then the six of us played a Shadows Over Camelot, the good guys won, Kevin was convinced there was a traitor, the rest of us knew better. Just as a note, if Joe tells you something is 'creepy', just suppress your curiosity.

Sunday I went to church, then over to Troy and Merinda's to watch Troy, Ben, Kaleb, Maeg, CJ, and Mandi play a game of Twilight Imperium. You notice I said watch, not play. It's an afternoon waster, and it did. They played for about seven hours with Ben winning, but I didn't make it that long.

In other news:
1) I jumped back on the exercise wagon. I'm going to try something different now, getting up 30 minutes earlier, and exercising in the morning.
2) It looks like I will be moving, probably within the next six weeks.
3) ...and a big thanks to those who interactively *read* my blog ... Troy, Kaleb, and Rachel. Troy has already collected his quarter.
4) If anyone sees a missing pie plate from the chili party, let me know.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Not moving "away" are you?