01 February 2010

Fourth Week in January 2010

This hasn't happened in such a long time that I can barely complain about it, but I just lost a post in progress. So now for the reconstruction.

Monday was supposed to be my first guitar lesson. It didn't happen. As I drove home from work on Monday I encountered several white-out areas along highway 370 and also on 25th Street. It was all blowing snow, and I probably panicked, but I sure don't like driving in conditions like that.

Tuesday I continued the work I had started on uploading old pictures from 2004 and 2005. This included some of the first pictures I have from when I started dancing.

Wednesday after work I went to VK's, we had a 'kids' dinner of hot dogs and mac'n'cheese.

Thursday was the big day. I paid off my car! Naturally it didn't start later on that night. I am hoping now that it lasts long enough for me to be able to fix it. Thursday night after work I met Troy at Chipotle for dinner, then we went to the house to do some work in the basement, finally watching him play some Mass Effect 2.

Friday was a half day at work, yay! VK and I went, with Merinda and Troy to see a movie. Yes, I said movie. We saw "Book of Eli" at Twin Creek. I liked the show. One of the things that frustrates me about movies (TV) is bad and/or predictable writing. This movie actually caught me by surprise with the plot twist at the end, although I could have seen it coming from the clues in the movie. I also enjoy cinematography, and I think the photography of the movie could have had more done with it, particularly in the framing of the shots. It was nice to see a movie out of Hollywood with a God centered message.

After the movie we went out to eat at Lo Sole Mio, the completion of my Christmas gifts for VK. I tried something different, pasta e spinci (I think, my Italian is bad), it was quite good, but not exactly what I was hungry for. I should have gotten something else. Of all the big chain restaurants, I probably like Olive Garden the best, but seriously, for the practically the same cost, you can go to Lo Sole Mio and get much better food.

Next up on the agenda, Jitterbugs! It wasn't quite as 'young' as I have seen it lately. I mostly stuck to dancing with people I know. Lately at Jitterbugs, I have been taking more time to talk with people than to just dance, I think this is a good development. I credit a conversation with Vivian to get me on this track ... good job!

100_1109.JPG - Me
After all that food at Lo Sole Mio, you expected to see us
dancing? As a side note, what is wrong with my hair?

100_1031.JPG - Me
Maggie's hair did the same thing mine does when she took off the hat.

IMG_0440.JPG - Me
Three out of four people pictured here knows how to pose for a picture, sorry Ben.

You can see these and the rest of the photos from my camera here. The long date with VK made for a special day.

Saturday turned out to be not quite as fun as you would imagine. I took my leftovers over to Troy and Merinda's and was hanging out with Troy. He was playing Mass Effect 2, and I was watching. I don't know if it was too much food, the motion sickness I get from watching Troy play, or what, but I had a monster of a migraine develop. I was home and in bed asleep by 2100 if not before.

Sunday I woke up feeling much better, and headed off to church, which I enjoyed. After church I went to the grocery store. As I was shopping I noticed that Troy posted around 1315 that he was going to lunch in twenty minutes and wanted company. I dropped off my groceries and headed to meet Troy at his house ... around 1530 we (me, Troy, CJ, and Maeg) finally got to a restaurant ... twenty minutes, two and a quarter hours, what's the difference?!?! We ate at China Buffet / Mongolian Grill, I think I finally have a sauce I like a lot. Three yummy, one garlic oil, and half teaspoon of chili paste.

After this we went back to Chez Troy. CJ took off and we played a couple of games of Chrononauts. I had the dreaded "Your parents never met" card played on me ... suddenly I felt different. I didn't win, that game doesn't go well for me.

At 1830 I met Sarah and Nathon at my apartment so they could meet Sierra, who will be joining their family in the next few weeks. I will miss her, but I find it difficult to imagine a better new family for Sierra. VK was there to support me. I think things went just a little better than I expected. Sierra investigated them and stayed in the room with us most of the time. Sometime shortly I will be taking her over there and it will be just me and Zeke. It's sad, happy, and practical all the same time.

1 comment:

Jems said...

I think your hair on Friday night looked like someone gave you a spit-curl. Too bad it was just hat-hair, less original.