29 December 2010

Third Week in December 2010

Monday after work I did some chores, Tuesday after work I hung out at the house. Wednesday after work there was some snow and ice falling very prettily. I went out for free pie Wednesday at Village Inn and afterward we did some cookies, er donuts in a church parking lot ... whatever you call them, I had a good time. Thursday was a laundry day.

Friday morning started out well. I woke up without an alarm, feeling physically awesome, with my favorite hymn in my head, feeling full of love, and originally thinking it was Monday. That's a great attitude to start a day.

Friday night was the Christmas dance at Jitterbugs Night Out, complete with a (well organized) white elephant gift exchange.

102_9852
Merinda is a trillionaire.

102_9834
Jillian made me a blanket for Christmas, thanks.

102_9826
I wonder what the wedding pictures will be like for these two when they have to be serious.

You can see the rest of my pictures for the 2010 Jitterbugs Christmas Party here.

On Saturday there was a lot of things going on, first up in the afternoon, ice skating at the ConAgra rink. I evidently can ice skate just fine.

102_9900
Jenny had to be at least 6'3.5" with her skates on.

102_9941
I took this picture while I was skating by, who knew I was so coordinated?

102_9948
Now I'm in a picture while I am skating ... that's pretty talented too, right?

It wasn't all joy, one of the people in our party fell pretty hard and hurt their wrist. You can see all of my pictures from the event here. We went out to eat at M's Pub after skating. We got there about 1800 and we're told that we could have a table, but had to be out of there by 1900, because of a reservation. Let me tell you, I've never been served there so quickly.

At night was the latest installment of Kaleb's game night. I played lots of ping pong, a game of Arkham Horror, and a game or two of Ultimate Werewolf. We also started to play some Rock Band 3 on the XBox, but then the projector light burned out, odd timing.

IMG_0076
Anitra rocks Omaha one last time before riding off into the Tampa sunset.

Sunday morning was the latest installment of Mass Chaos. After church we went as a group down to Blue Sushi. Vesper got a salad as big as her head, and they accidentally gave Frank and Lindsay and extra roll, so there was tons of food to go around.

Later in the evening, it was time for Jenny's annual Christmas party with gingerbread house building.

102_9978
I built a hill and ski chalet for this year. It was only good enough for third. I know some very creative people.

103_0112
You fill in the punch line here. There was also a creepy picture of Julia and I in the same time frame.

103_0015
There weren't as many 'steals' in the white elephant as last year. Heather borrowed this sweater (sight unseen) from her mother to get an 'ugly' sweater, it didn't work.

You can see the rest of my pictures from Jenny's party here. Jenny posted some to Facebook here. The party was a lot of fun, we also played a game of Things ... and that was my week.

No comments: