01 December 2010

Thanksgiving Week 2010

Monday I still felt crappy from Saturday and Sunday. I went to work, but when I got home, I still had the chills, so I went to sleep at 2030 and didn't wake up for 11 hours. Tuesday I worked out and that was about it.

Wednesday after work began my four day weekend, and Jenny had a party and was showing off her new boyfriend, Kris. Jenny usually has good things happen at her parties and this was fun.

We liked Kris, and we took the whole thing very seriously. Photo credit: Matt

Oh, hey, one good picture.

There was a draft in the window, VK was getting cold so Kris and I tried to save the day ... unsuccessfully I might add. Hey Jenny's landlord, fix that thing.

We played What's Yours Like? and The Game of Things. Photo credit: Matt

Thursday I went over to Matt and Vivian's for Thanksgiving dinner with her, Matt, and Vivian's parents, Donna and Jack. I liked to give a big public THANK YOU to them for inviting me. I thanked Matt by mocking him as he played Mega Man.

As usual at Matt and Viv's, I filled up on the hors d'oeuvres, so this was my only plate.

Thank you again, I love this tradition.

Friday was the first time I can ever remember intentionally taking off Black Friday. I have had it off before, but only as a regularly scheduled day off. I celebrated my day off by Jess and Ben come over and test out my chili recipe before I made it for the contest next Sunday. We played The Order of the Stick game, even after we warned Jess that it would be four hours. We did pretty well almost finishing in three.

Later on in the evening we went over to the regularly scheduled Jitterbugs dance. It was Jillian's first dance back from New York. Jenny brought her new boyfriend, Kris, we worked hard at teaching him how on to dance. We also had Jillian's birthday jam. I went home right after the dance in anticipation of...

...my friend Jen was on a train from Denver to Chicago which, by schedule, was due in to Omaha at 0500 and would be there for 15 minutes. That would be plenty of time for hugs and giving her a lemon bar I baked. I dragged my butt out of bed at 0445 and drove down to the train station. I arrived just at 0500 and there was no train so I walked in and asked the clerk and he told me that it would be another hour. Ugh. I might have been tempted to stay if it were warm, but it wasn't, so I went back home to sleep. To answer the question that some of you are bound to ask; no you cannot track a train online.

Later in the day, when it was warm, I cut the grass. That'll be the last time of the year. Now I have to learn how to work the snow blower. Saturday night was a birthday party for Jess at CJ's. We did a lot of talking and played a couple of games of Werewolf. CJ's sister Amy is one smart cookie, but only as a Werewolf.

Sunday was the latest installment of Mass Chaos, this week we were out in Elkhorn. We ended up meeting at DJ's Dugout at 1515 to watch the Bears beat up the Eagles. That was as chippy of a game as I have seen in a while. If I wanted fights, I'd go to a hockey game.

Sunday night ended with our latest session of Pathfinder. We now have a five person group, plus a fighter that CJ is playing for the group. I'm sure I said it before, but I really like this group, no one takes it too seriously.

No comments: