12 January 2011

First Week in January 2011

I had a headache Monday through Thursday of last week. It was no fun at all, but I made it to work every day. Tuesday I took on call for a coworker, I thought I was going to do it all week, but it didn't turn out that way.

By the time Friday rolled around, I felt better, but I was cranky. Thank you to all my friends who helped to cheer me up with e-mails and text. After work I joined a group of people down at Malara's for dinner, then we headed over to the dance. After the dance I went out to Alvarado's with a different bunch of friends. The people I hang out with are quite fun.

Saturday during the day I went out with Kamber to have lunch at Schlotsky's. She didn't eat all over hers, but I sure finished mine. She shared what happened to her when all the Millard schools were put on lockdown following the shooting at Millard South on Wednesday. I'm certain it was a scary experience.

In the evening there was a game night at Sarah's (small, don't fret if you weren't invited) apartment. I met VK for dinner at Summer Kitchen Cafe before heading over to Sarah's. We started off playing Imaginiff, then played a game of Quelf, and finally the most epic game of Things ever. Suffice it to say it was not mature, but I was laughing so hard I was crying, Joe could barely breathe, and Frank had to lay down on the floor. I was home not too late...

...because Sunday's version of Mass Chaos was at 0900. I was going to go home and sleep, but somehow that didn't happen. I ended up at Kaleb's house watching the Chiefs game. They didn't win, in fact, it wasn't a good game. After watching the Bears play all year long, watching the Chiefs play was a vindication of the style of play the Bears have on defense. Most tackles by the Bears are surrounded by Bears players. The Chiefs by contrast, had only one or two people near every tackle.

When it was obvious that the Chief's were not going to win, we played a couple games of Roll Through the Ages. I like the game, but it's kind of obvious that I suck at it. I would like to send out a big thank you to Julie and her cheesy dip. After I left there, I went and met VK for a while and we wandered around Sam's club and looked at huge over sized items, like two gallons of mayonnaise. I then went home in the snow and parked in the garage!

No comments: