22 June 2012

Second Week in June 2012

Monday in the evening was 2012 run #19: 2.62mi in 25:58, and please ‎allow me to just plain gush for a moment it felt amazing. I wish every run was like that. Later in the evening, Troy assisted me with the end of Diablo 3, I died just as Diablo did, but it gave me credit for the victory.

Tuesday I ate dinner with Maggie, yet another experimental creation, I called it succotash, but Maggie said it was more like corn hash. It was mostly tasty, and even if it wasn't, I make a great salad.

Wednesday I came home and got some chores done around the house. It seems to be the weekday for such things. When I finished getting everything done, I played some Diablo 3, I started on going through the 'nightmare' level.

Thursday after work Troy and I decided to try a bigger group (than just us) in Diablo 3, so we got Ben to join us for a game with entirely new characters. Troy played the witch doctor, Ben played a monk, and I played a wizard. I didn't really like the wizard as much as I thought I would. The game itself played flawlessly, no lag at all, but the action was confusing ... I suppose it was just like a real battle between three heroes and 20 demons. Ben left about 45 minutes in, so Troy and I played for a few minutes longer, but the experiment was over.

I went and sat on the porch and watched the storms roll over. It was a pretty good show, and power was out for part of Bellevue, including at Frank and Joe's, they came over and hung out around 2200. Troy and I talked to them until 2300 and then they left and I headed to bed. The best part of the storm was letting Zeke out on to the porch. He finally got up the nerve to go out in the rain, and then lightening struck somewhere in the neighborhood. The flash and then the boom sent him scurrying back to the porch ... poor kitty.

Friday was the usual dance. I enjoyed the dancing, and broke out in a sweat a couple of times. Afterwards we went out to Donut Stop and played some Apples to Apples. I did surprising well, until I started to amuse myself ... then I didn't get any more green cards, just a lot of self-generated laughs. I left early because...

...I was up early Saturday for the first annual Run / Pray / Walk for vocations. I went to Mass at 0830, then the run started at 0930. No cost, just commitments to pray for vocations. They did a nice job with putting it together, except for the course, it came in more like 5.5k. Oh yeah, that makes it 2012 run #20, 3.42m in 34:37, that's a 10:06/mi pace. I saw Marcus near the end of the course, he goaded me into sprinting the last 200 meters or so, not that it was difficult to do.

I came home and napped, then headed over to Kaleb's at 1600. I parked in the driveway nearest to the garage, I had a plan to stay there all night, and I was quite successful.

The evening started off with badminton. I like this game and have a lot of fun with it, plus I tend to win a lot, that never hurts.

We went inside and I played Beth's favorite game; Settler's of Catan, Cities and Knights with Kaleb's uber-collectable '3D' version. I had an early lead, but I had such bad position that I wasn't going to win. Just like last time we played, we kept getting the barbarian, I think that die has 5 black sides and the other side keeps switching colors on it's own. Scott won.

I headed back outside to play more badminton until it got dark. I did lose the last game, rather convincingly.

We all piled inside and played Ultimate Werewolf, not Kaleb's old game, but Beth's brand new birthday version. The first game had 29 players, a new record for us. I was a werewolf, but got outed and killed in fairly short order. The second game 'only' had 21 people, I was a villager, but I played it well, being one of five final people and probably setting the course of the game with seven or eight people left, we killed the last Werewolf with three villagers and two on the Werewolf team.

Game Night 2
One certain sign that someone is a Werewolf, Q-Bert on your lap.

In between games of Werewolf, and after I played some around the world ping pong. I didn't do well, but did get some bruises to show for my efforts. It was Rock Band after this until about 0200. We then went upstairs and played two games of (eight player) Shadow Hunters. I didn't win with the first game, I was a hunter and it was pretty late in the game that people figured out who was who, I think that favors the shadows. The second game I was a neutral, and I managed to be alive at the end, so I guess I'll call that a win.

I set a goal to be out super late, and I accomplished my goal. I got home at 0445, and before I slept I saw the eastern sky becoming light.

Sunday I golfed at Willow Lakes. I shot an 84 in a very Eric manner, +8 on the first four holes, +4 on the last 14. I think hole #2 has my number, four tries this year, and four double bogies. I did have a little bit of excitement however...

Nice Shot
...#7, 135 yds, I was just 3 inches from my eternal golfing bragging rights.

Next week: Which Wichita?

No comments: