27 June 2012

Third Week in June 2012

First up, a little comedic advertising for Cowtown Jamborama X:


Secondly: I decided that casual games were taking up too much of my time, so I deleted Angry Birds and Bejeweled Blitz. I was sad to see them go, but I think I could find many better things to do with my time. Yes, I know that Diablo 3 is taking some of that time, but I feel better about how I'm spending my time now.

Monday after work I came home, cooked, did some chores, and then headed out in to the heat to make tall grass short. I came inside and played some Diablo 3, I'm about halfway through the first act 'nightmare' level with a demon hunter.

Tuesday I cooked dinner for Maggie, we had pan fried breaded fish. I thought it was good, I'm not sure what to compare it to. Frank came and got us and we went out to Dairy Queen and got some ice cream and talked for a while.

Wednesday, the chore day continued as such, with the evening ending up playing a little Diablo 3. I finished the first act, I'm at level 39 now.

IMG_1130
It was a little wet driving home.

Thursday Matt organized a trip to Shakespeare on the Green. This year it is Julius Caesar for the tragedy. I thought it very well performed, but I wasn't paying great attention. I was probably 'that guy' in the audience. Sarah, Jenny, and I had a popcorn fight, and Hannah cried in my arms right after intermission. Heather said it best on her Facebook status "What a beautiful night for socializing outdoors." It certainly was.

IMG_6205
There 19 people in our group here, but there may have been more. Photo credit: Matt

IMG_1142
Two of my favorite friends!

IMG_6184
Is that me holding a baby like I hold a cat? Photo credit: Matt

Then fall, Caesar!
Et tu, Brute? Photo credit: Matt

The only sad part (besides everyone dying in the play) was that when I saw Vesper in the crowd, she said it was her last day in Omaha. I said my goodbyes to her, to Caesar, Brutus, and Cassius, and then to my friends. I was actually home at a decent hour. I took pictures here, so did Matt, you'll have to click around to see them from one of the pictures up above. Sarah maybe took a funny picture of me too, maybe you can see what my Aunts say about me.

Friday after work, I went shopping and filled up the gas tank in preparation for the trip to Sunflower Swing. I took a short nap and headed down to the dance. It was a pretty light crowd, and I didn't want to stay late because of the road trip the next day.

Saturday morning I had an errand to run before I could leave the house, apparently Zeke was going to want to eat while I was gone. Maggie and I hit the road at 1100 and drove south on 75 to Topeka, then the Tollway to Wichita. We made it to the hotel by 1700, with only a couple of misturns. After settling in and taking a short nap, we went to dinner at a brewery in Old Town Wichita, then to get some expensive, and tasty gelato at the same place we got it last year.

IMG_5921
IMG_5942
IMG_5970
IMG_5966

We came back to the room, got cleaned up, and headed to the Sunflower Swing Saturday night dance and late night. There were about 100 people at the dance, the floor, which I think may have been replaced since we were last there, was smooth, but not fast, it made for some workout dancing, and so did the heat. Yes, Wichita is a warm place. The ladies from Wichita did a dance, there was a Strictly Lindy competition, and a bluesey band for late night. We stayed until just after 0100, or maybe a little later.

IMG_5992
IMG_6006
IMG_6030
IMG_6020

I got up in the morning and went to Mass at All Saints in Wichita, sorry no pictures, I was actually in a hurry to get back and pick up Maggie at the hotel. We headed over for a very casual late morning and afternoon at Care to Dance, the Sunflower Swing class venue.

IMG_6110
Evan ponders the great questions in life, things like
"Do I fly or drive to Cowtown Jamborama?"

IMG_6106
Troy contemplates his Halloween costume.

IMG_6137
Maybe I tried to get a little artsy with the camera.

It was my first experience taking classes from Todd and Ramona. They were excellent teachers, and I hope I remember what was taught. I took a 'Frankie' class and basic Balboa class. At lunch we walked down the street to try to find the 'lotus-something' place we ate at last year, but it was closed. We ate at a nearby pizza place that had a Zio's or Pizza Collective feel to it. I ordered two reasonably priced slices for lunch, because I was hungry. The slices were humongous, no bigger than you are imagining, no bigger. I couldn't even come close to eating both.

After the last class ended, we packed up, hugged everyone, and hit the road. If you want to see all my pictures from Sunflower Swing, you can find them here. The drive home was unexceptional and not quite as fast as the drive down. We got home around 2130, and that was it.

Next week: I got nothing yet.

No comments: