30 July 2012

Third Week in July 2012

Monday after work I did a ton of cooking, around seven or eight meals. I like to do it that way, it makes it much quicker when for lunch and other nights when all I have to do is heat something up and make a salad. After dinner I went running with Maeg, 2012 run #23, the first 1.12 miles with Sarah at a 11:17 pace. The last 1.23 miles alone at a 9:56 pace. I liked running with someone. Also, I went over 50 miles for the year on this run.

Tuesday was quiet.

Wednesday I did some online car shopping. Conclusion? None, I don't even know if I'll really do it, or will stick with my Saturn for a couple more years. Later in the evening, I played Fluxx with Maeg. We played enough games that it didn't really matter who won or didn't win.

Thursday I went to Theology on Tap.

Friday I ended up going to the regular Friday dance and celebrating my birthday jam.

IMG_6737
IMG_6754
IMG_6765
IMG_6756

You can see all my pictures from the dance here. Afterward we went to Village Inn and chatted until about 0200 including a funny exchange with Nate, BP, and I about having long hair.

Saturday I went for a run, #24 for the year, 2.48 miles in 23:46 at a 9:36/mi pace. I really pushed myself to get a 9:45 pace. I got there, but just barely. Evidently it wasn't enough activity for me, so in the afternoon I went golfing. I didn't do very well on the front nine, but was going along pretty well on the back with about a five foot putt for birdie on #16 with a chance to go to just one over on the back nine, I missed the putt, then went bogie, double bogie to finish. Ugh.

Sunday morning I went to church at Saint Bernadette at 1100, and saw no one I knew. I left early so I could get out to Mahoney State Park as quickly as possible, or by 1300 at least. I was there in plenty of time, early in fact. I wonder why I always think it takes an hour to get there. Heather put the group together (thank you) and it's always fun to act like a little kid at the water park. I got a little sunburn, just in the spots on my back I couldn't reach myself. After the park, we searched for a place to eat in Gretna, finally settling on a Pizza Hut. It was a nice way to have an unofficial pre-birthday party.

Next week: another year old and lots of trips to the airport.

No comments: