31 May 2005

Postcards? et.al.

It's almost worth hooking up my scanner to show you. Robin sent Kevin and I postcards from Hawaii featuring oversized gentlemen in skimpy bathing suits. Be afraid, be very afraid. They are up on the fridge now as a sign of... well I don't know, something.

I uploaded some photos from the weekend, you can click here or on the Lots O' Pictures link over to the right.

A few words on the weekend.
Friday dance was just a regular dance. I think Greg played more chess than he danced. My work Friday was so frustrating I only missed three dances, so I was fairly well soaking by the end of the night. Troy & Merinda showed up right about the time the for the drawing, so we had a wedding jam. The weird thing was both Kevin & I were mystery bin "winners".

Saturday I went over to Troy & Merinda's house to help them out getting ready for the reception: my job, lackey. I cleaned, put the dance floor together (with LeeAnn's help, thank you), and cut the lawn. I was happy to help, but I did have to give myself a little pep talk about it while cutting the back lawn.
Saturday was the reception. Merinda was so pretty. The music was a little different from the normal Friday dance, which was good. One of the relatives requested "The Electric Slide"... puh-lease, so in fine Billy (who was the DJ) fashion, he played a Shim-Sham. Oh, and props to Brian and Tony for the food to die for. Troy & Merinda both seem to understand "the less spoken, the more said", and so there was only one short break for thank you's and tossing wedding stuff. I wish you could have seen the look on Chris' face when Corinn caught the bouquet.

Sunday was the Lindy in the Park cookout, a.k.a. 'how to gorge, dance, graze, dance, and pass into a food coma until someone puts ice in your shirt", well I guess I don't really need to describe it now.

I did get some work done around the house on Monday. Garden in, shelves & blinds up. A whole lot of sleep.

Props to Jen, who got me a Cubs "Believe" wristband. We haven't lost since I got it.

1 comment:

Aerona said...

LoL, I got to see those postcards! *rofl* Scan them! Scan them!

*Mari here* The other, OTHER cute one in the formal picture(s).

Thank you, Blogger-Wan Kenobi... You were such a help... LoL again.