11 June 2005

2 Hours at the Ren Fest is Better than None.

After trying unsuccessfully to get Kevin to accompany me to the Renaissance Festival of the Midlands, I went by myself *gasp*, I know this is odd, but it was probably good for me to do. Besides, I figured I would know a few people there because heck all my friends are geeks.

It turned out I only knew a few people there. Two dancers, Anne and Kate who were, when I got there, officiating a maypole. I took a few pictures with my phone, of Kate and Anne, notice my finger in the one picture. Kate insisted on posing to show off her clothes, or lack there of. Check 'em out 2005 Ren Fest

I went to get something to eat and ended up having a gyros, because Greek people were famously part of the scene in England during the renaissance. Drench the Wench is always entertaining, and the particular wench on the board was very good at insulting the males who sucked at hitting the target. I did a little shopping, of the look-see variety, nothing struck my fancy.

I also saw my neighbors who do just about everything at Ren Fests, but I don't have the name of their group or website, or I would be propping them right now.

5 comments:

Get A Life! said...

LOL! Loved the part about 'famously part of the scene in England'...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We have a wonderful fair here in Brystol, WI

Did you dress up?

Unknown said...

No, unfortunately I did not dress up. I found out about this year's festival on Tuesday of this week... which is better than the Sunday of it I found out about last year. Hopefully I can manage to get a little more notice next year and be in character.

Aerona said...

GAH! Me too!!! I didn't realize that the Ren Faire was so early!!! *sobs*

That makes me sad. I always enjoy going to the Ren Faire. *sobs some more* And I missed it!

How was it this year? I hear they've changed A LOT. Maybe that's just hearsay... ???

Unknown said...

Well maybe I'll do something clever and go to KC, maybe the week before Cowtown.

Unknown said...

for the KC Ren Fest