22 February 2006

Spiritual Apples

I had a friend in high school named Amy (she is where I got my love of red hair). Amy had a mild case of hypoglycemia that would make her quite cranky. The funny part of the story was her instructions from her mom, she was given an apple, and told "if people start being mean to you, eat this".

Lately I have been hearing from quite a few people about how I'm being mean spirited, not nice, or making fun of people. I have also heard things about me being overly sensitive, or not being able to take a joke. No one has pulled me aside, or taken me to the woodshed, but I've been hearing what people have been casually saying to me or about me, it hasn't been isolated to one or two comments, and I've tried to take a good look at myself... what it sounds like is that lately I've been dishing it out, but not able to take it.

Time for me to eat my apple.

The last couple days I've really been trying to think before I speak, and rewriting chats, e-mails, texts before I send them. My apologies to those I might have offended, I'm trying to do better.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I haven't noticed any of that stuff about you, if that helps. :o)

Viv said...

I've noticed a difference in your interactions with people. I takes a lot of guts to look at yourself and address any issues you're not happy with. I see you working very hard.

Schmendrick said...

You jerk.

Mae said...

I know exactly what you mean.
We could all use apples once in a while. It's good to remind yourself that the universe does not revolve around you.