11 November 2010

First Week in November 2010

I am participating in NaNoWriMo this year, you can see information on the side bar to the left. I strongly suspect writing will drag me to December and January. My progress can be seen here.

Monday after work I went to see Beauty and the Beast at Millard North High School. Kimee was doing the makeup for the show, and she wanted me to come. The show was very nice. It was kind of funny because the number of kids on the production staff was greater than the number of people in our entire shows when I was in high school. The show was good, and everyone looked great.

Tuesday I stayed home. Wednesday Jenny came over and I made her dinner. We ate in the basement and looked at pictures of her weekend in Nashville and mine here in Omaha. Thursday was also not a very exciting day.

Friday immediately after work was the quarterly JIVE meeting for Omaha Jitterbugs. I guess I am not afraid to talk in meetings, I can never figure out if that is a good thing or bad thing. Afterward I went home, and then right back to the dance. The original plan was to go to Alvarado's after the dance, but I was the only one left there who was in on the original plan.

Saturday was Hugh and Sarah's wedding. It was a well organized, beautiful wedding, that just happened to take place during a Nebraska - Iowa State game, the bridal coordinator said she was instructed to take the groomsmen's phones away from them. Troy DJ'd the reception, the cake was amazing although it was destroyed, and the company was awesome.

100_9144
Okay, maybe I was a little sentimental on this one.

100_9163
It was breathtaking to see how much Sarah loves Hugh.

100_9170
The most popular picture in the set.

100_9177
First dance.

100_9224
We got together and took a picture of all of us friends together. A couple people escaped.

100_9248
Each table had its own cake, this is how our cake ended up. Thanks Ben A., if you want to see how it's really done, look here.

100_9254 100_9255
Everyone was all smiles!

100_9253 100_9257
100_9258 100_9259
There were cake shenanigans. I may have had some payback coming.

100_9286
100_9302
100_9376
There was plenty of dancing.

You can check out all of my pictures here, Matt has all of his here. If you are the Facebook type, Sarah posted pictures here, Rachel posted pictures here. Also, Matt posted a YouTube video here.

Immediately following the wedding, I followed Jenny to her house, and then we went out to Shady Lane Ranch for Brianne's birthday party. I only took a three pictures, and they were fire pictures, but others took some pictures that I was able to borrow.

BBD3
It was a little windy, so this fire was really hot.

November 2010 #79 - Brianne
You just never know where vampires will turn up ... don't worry they are repelled by carton/box wine. Photo credit: Brianne

November 2010 #82 - Brianne
Aw, too cute, before Ben tried to walk across a pile of loose wood. Photo credit: Brianne

Since we got there late, the party broke up shortly thereafter. Ben C., Jenny and I went down to Alvarado's in Council Bluffs for lotsa noms ... I mean good food.

On Sunday there was an extra hour of sleep and we went to Mass Chaos at a reasonable time. Immediately following Mass, we took a trip to the Holy Family Shrine. It was my first trip there.

100_9466

100_9459

100_9441

100_9439

100_9419 100_9420

You can see the rest of my pictures from the Mass Chaos visit to the Holy Family Shrine here.

Next week: I am on call, so basically nothing will happen.

No comments: