23 November 2010

Third Week in November 2010

Monday after work I played video games and in general decompressed from being on call. Tuesday I got the long called for haircut. As usual, it was physically traumatic, and my head hasn't gotten used to be cold yet. Wednesday, I cooked oddly, I had a salad with Thousand Island dressing, (mild) curried potatoes and lentils, and Tuna Helper.

Thursday was the big trip to Thursday Night Swing Social in Des Moines. I met Brianne and Ben after work, and we car pooled to Des Moines. It took about 2:10 to get there, park and walk in. We made some new friends and saw some old ones. The location, Java Joe's was very nice, but I realized once again how spoiled we are in Omaha with our dance floor.

Here we are! The sad part of this picture is that Ben took his glasses off for it.

I tried to get artsy with my camera.

I'm considering a new kind of dance move, Hannah is considering if she trusts me enough to follow it.

You can see all of my Des Moines Swing Road Trip pictures here. After the dance, we met Rae, Larry, and some of the other dancers at TGIFriday's on the west side of Des Moines. There were a lot of laughs. I had the 'Captain Morgan™ Caribbean Conga-Line Chicken Sandwich' ... first off, it was good, but it was quite strange, I can't really compare it to anything else I've ever eaten. Around midnight we took off and made it back to Omaha and our cars just after 0200. A good time was had by all.

Friday was a busy day, but a good one. I started off the day with a trip to the doctor and a finish up my 75,000 mile check up, they drew some blood and gave me a tetanus shot. I was hungry for ice cream in the afternoon, so I took the gift card that Maggie gave me for lending her my boots, and Merinda and I went to eCreamery to get ice cream. If you thought I whined about Ted and Wally's flavors, I don't even bother doing so about eCreamery, they are consistently weird. The funny part was on the way over, Merinda was talking about getting some cinnamon flavored ice cream if they had it. I tried to say cinnamon, and my speech issues really drew it out "sim ... sssimn ... ss ... ssinnoomm", finally in frustration I just said CINNAMON! really fast and kind of angry. It came out perfectly.

I tried to say it again slow, but nope, it didn't work. Back to fast and angry, it came right out. Then I tried other words that give me issues. Sure enough, slow is stuttery, fast works. We both had a good laugh. I had creme de menthe ice cream, it was good and easy to say.

In the evening, I was supposed to go to the Nighthawks football game with Heidi, Ann (who I don't know) and Carrie. I dressed really warm and headed over to Heidi and Carrie's house. It turned out that Ann backed out, and the only Heidi could give away her ticket was to give away her own too. So it left me, and Carrie, and a (nice) couple we all know, but that was too many third wheels for me. It didn't hurt that Holly was there in town too. Heidi, Holly, and I had one of the best conversations I have had in a long time. It was mostly boys and girls and getting into relationships. It's hard.

The three of us ended up at the Friday swing dance, which turned out to be considerably warmer than the football game. After the dance twelve of us went to Alvarado's for a late night snack. Good conversation until 0200.

Saturday I decided to put the workout to the test. Actually, it was me that ended up tested. I probably did about :45 minutes, I wore myself out.

Saturday evening I went to game night at Kaleb's. I actually managed to only play one game of Werewolf ... and eat a lot of food. It was a different version of Werewolf. Plus socializing and ping pong. Near the end of the evening, I got really dizzy and nauseous, I don't know what was up with that, but ...

... Sunday I missed Mass Chaos for the first time, because I slept until about 1115, which never happens no matter how late I stay up, and I wasn't up particularly late the night before. I went over to CJ's to play Pathfinder. I thought I was feeling better, but I probably should not have done it. By the end of the night I was kind of cranky.

No comments: