14 May 2011

Last week in April 2011

So I did lawn work on Sunday, and so I did it again on Monday, this time at VK's house. I really wore myself out doing it too. Unfortunately, the guy code doesn't allow you to complain about being worn out, so I didn't.

Tuesday evening I developed a rather bad headache which lasted into Wednesday morning. I ended up not going in to work until the afternoon when I felt much better. Thank God for medicine. After work I ended up hanging with VK, we went to dinner at Carrabba's, which, I found out, is part of the same ownership as Outback. Thursday after work I did chores.

Friday I went to lunch at a local BBQ place, Doc and Eddies. I tried a sandwich, the meat was good, but the sauces were dull, and the sides were just plain bad, cornbread should not stick to the roof of your mouth like peanut butter. After work Kimee and I went out to eat, then for a walk, I then let her drive, and then I hung out at Shannon's until 2300 or so. I then went downtown for a little dancing. Below are pictures that Kimee and I took.

102_1489
 The local wildlife objects to my picture taking.

102_1493
 Aw, baby geese! Momma and daddy didn't let us get too close.

102_1521
 Pretty sunset!

If you'd like to see the rest of the shots from our adventure, please click here, Kimee has a good eye.

Saturday during the day I met VK for lunch at Smashburger, it wasn't as good as the first time I ate there. We ate outside, it was very windy, welcome to Nebraska. After this we walked over to the bookstore and went to WalMart. I would like a new hoodie, but retail places don't seem to have plain hoodies. I think I'll have luck at Cabela's or Bass Pro, but that seems a little expensive.

Later in the day, I introduced Maggie to China Buffet and the concept that 'all-you-can-eat' is a challenge, not a suggestion. After dinner we hit my new favorite secret photo spot. We then drove around Bellevue until we ended up at Dairy Queen. Strange how that happens. You can see some of the pictures below, or all of them here.

102_1585 102_1597
102_1592 102_1573

If you haven't heard me whine about allergies, let me take this opportunity. They have sucked for me this spring. I was so worn out that I went to bed at 2230 Saturday night and got up at 1100 Sunday morning. I went to church at Saint Mary's in Bellevue, they painted it, very nicely I might add. I then slept some more. When I got up, I went to Westlake Ace, and purchased some supplies to let me pot cherry tomatoes and some peppers. I will attempt to remember to take pictures. That was my week.

No comments: