18 November 2011

First Week in November 2011

When we last left the Onion Skin News, my car wouldn't start. First thing Monday morning I woke up and called Jensen Tire and had my car towed in. I got a ride to work with Sarah W, and was mostly on time. Jensen told me ahead of time that due to their busyness, they would not be able to look at the car until Tuesday. Fortunately, I was able to secure a ride home Monday night from Maggie.

Maggie and I sat up with Merinda in the entry way and helped to greet the couple hundred of trick or treaters that showed up at our house. The cutest one I saw was about a three year old in a dinosaur outfit, aw T-Rex is cute.

Monday evening, I put out a general call for help to get a ride into work on Tuesday. Amanda volunteered, and gave me a ride into work even though it wasn't particularly convenient for her to do so. I'm so appreciative to all my friends who helped out. THANK YOU! When the call came in late Tuesday the entire thing ended up amounting to getting a tune up, plus diagnostics, and towing. It could have been a lot worse. I ended up leaving early in the day with Regan, and she gave me a ride to pick up the car. I drove straight from the shop to church for All Saints Day Mass. From church I drove up to VK's house and we cooked some chicken curry together.

Wednesday morning was the long dreaded return of the most obscene four letter word we know of: snow. I somehow survived a few random flakes and made it to work. Immediately after work, I went to RCIA, the discussion was about the Holy Spirit. We also discussed that we (my mother and I) are not sure what parish I was baptized in. It ran long, and the discussion afterwards ran long, and I was mighty hungry by the end of it. I called tall Frank and we went out to eat at Village Inn.

Thursday was a quiet night at home.

Friday morning my car wouldn't start again. I got it towed into Jensen tire again, and Ed from work came and picked me up and brought me in. Not a good week for the car. By 1100 they called me and let me know that the problem with the car was their fault, and that they had fixed it. I picked the car up over my lunch, thank you to Amy for the ride. There was no charge for the problem, they apologized, and yes, I had been inconvenienced, but they admitted they made the error, and they fixed it, I couldn't get too upset.

In the evening I went to the usual Friday dance. It wasn't a big crowd, and I was kind of tired and went home early because of the big photo shoot in the morning. I got up early, but not as early as Maggie. She got her hair done, picked up our newly hired assistant (Lee), and met me at my house. We shot down by Gifford Farm, then over by my old house. Maggie got cold quickly, so Lee helped keep her warm between shots.


Maggie managed to not get frostbite, barely. A couple guys in a pickup drove by us three times, maybe they'd never seen a girl in a cherry dress. You can see all the pictures from the shoot here, and I did put a full copyright on them, ask first, unless your name is Maggie.

We got back to my house, Maggie changed, then we left separately, me to Frank's birthday party, her to take Lee home, and then go to Frank's birthday party.


I think this shows two things, I was still in an artsy mood at the birthday dinner, and I guess I'm not much into captions this week. The place we went was a Chicago bar, Papa Chris. The owner was definitely a good guy, and the bar had a neighborhood feel, not like the big places we usually go. We also went bowling, you can see all the pictures here.

I had a funny moment as we left the bowling alley. It was about 1710, and (tall) Frank and I were trying to think of where we could go to church. Nothing was coming to mind, I couldn't think of any church in that area, neither could he. So we drove off. I rounded the curve on to Cuming Street, and right there, looming high over the neighborhood was the Cathedral. Oh, hey, look at that. I pointed out my window, and we pulled up and went in for Mass at 1730.

I started to get a migraine during Mass, and right afterwards I went home and went to bed. However the day wasn't done. I woke up feeling better, so I rode out to CJ's with Troy for an impromptu game night. I played two of my favorites, Qwirkle and Telestrations. I did not win at Qwirkle, Troy did after taking over for CJ, and as far as Telestrations goes, who keeps score?

Sunday I slept in a little bit, and then went into a productivity mode. I cleaned my closet, cooked, uploaded a ton of pictures, and did a bunch of laundry. Add in two naps and no Bears game to distract me, and it was a good afternoon.

In the evening I went over to Brazen Head and attended Bri's birthday party. I got there after dinner, and well, most people came for dinner. I didn't bring my camera, and then of course, was asked when I got there to take pictures. Oops. I left the party about 2200 and came home for the end of a good week.

Next week: Size matters and lots of games.

No comments: