29 February 2012

Fourth Week in February 2012

Monday after work I went and visited Tom and his ailing foot at his house. Both girls were there, so I spent as much time visiting with them as I did with Tom. Lydia made us play Apples to Apples ... I mean we had the privilege of playing Apples to Apples with Lydia. I actually kind of liked her variation, you got a hand of 10 cards, then played them out, without drawing any more. It worked. Lydia tried to get me to hold Roslyn's Chinese Water Dragon:

IMG_0921
My name is Jade, and I don't like you.

Tom, Roslyn, and I were entertained for the next hour by Lydia being the center of attention. Tom then had to retire, and Lydia and I played a game of Word Flip. It seemed a little difficult for an 8 year old, even though the manufacturer says 8 and up. Some of the words that were used were ones I'd be surprised to catch in third grade.

Tuesday night I was inspired around 2200 by a big bowl of ice cream to declare my Lenten sacrifice: ice cream. Troy stepped up to the plate and finished off my remaining ice cream, and I was on my way.

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, I went to Mass before church, and then after work I came home and went to sleep early.

Thursday the viral bomb dropped, I woke up headachey, lethargic, and stuffed up. I called in to work and surprised myself by staying in bed until Friday about 1730. I got up and got ready for Maggie's Valentine's Day / birthday present, a photo shoot for us by Chelsea. I saw some of the raws, they should be fun. Maggie and I then ate at Trini's, then went over to the dance, which included...

IMG_0929
...Maggie's birthday jam...

Mobile Uploads by Maggie McReynolds
...and the coolest birthday cake pops ever.
They were lovingly crafted by Dianna, Cecily, and Adam. Photo credit: Maggie

After the dance we went out to a birthday 'dinner' for Maggie at Village Inn. Saturday it was right back in bed, all day. I just kept feeling crappier and crappier.

Sunday I had places I had to be, church places. I made it up to Mass at Saint Bernadette at 1100. We left there and went to the Pasta feed at Saint Frances Cabrini, for a church feed, that was some pretty good food. I came home and went to sleep. I was up again for the RCIA at the Cathedral. Marilou joined us (Joe and I), and gave me a tour behind the altar, it turns out there is a fine art gallery there. We met with Archbishop Lucas and hung around the church until we were the last people in the Cathedral, then we left.

IMG_0933
Cathedral is serious business.

IMG_0937
Joe is on a first name basis with Archbishop Lucas ... well he knows Joe's name.

IMG_0942 IMG_0943
Some of the sights at the Cathedral.

Next week: feeling better (?) and Heartland Swing.

No comments: