23 May 2012

Third Week in May 2012

About halfway through my work day on Monday, I received a message on Facebook that Insignificant Other was going to be playing downtown in the evening on a street corner in the Old Market. Yay! I have plans. I rode downtown with Frank, we picked up Heidi on the way. We met Maggie downtown; there was dancing, good music, ice cream at Ted and Wally's (Ginger Ale and Strawberry mixed), and beautiful weather.

IMG_1068
Oh, and did I mention a alien puppy? Get away from that thing Frank!

Tuesday at lunch was 2012 run #14. 1.74mi (2.8k) in 16:58 (9:43 pace). This was my first time trying to run with only one day off between runs, maybe not as long as I wanted.

When I arrived home my copy of Diablo 3 was on my desk. I'm not sure I like any of the character choices, but I ended up playing a Demon Hunter. I'll try to give some updates as I play. I played for about two hours the first night. Troy and I played some together, but for the most part I played alone. It played just fine on my computer. So far I think it's beautifully rendered and I only have had one glitch.

Wednesday I went to RCIA, where we watched the movie Saint John in Exile. I had seen this movie before, but probably not in fifteen years.

Thursday I went to Mass in the morning at Saint Columbkille, then to work. While I was at work I got a sudden migraine and ended up going home. I slept for about three hours and then felt better. I did play some Diablo 3, but it wasn't any stupid human trick, I really felt bad mid-day. Maggie came over in the evening, we ate dinner and went for a walk. It was a watershed walk for the year, I made it over 100 miles walking for 2012.

Friday morning I got on the internet and looked up prices on new cameras. I found a sale at Target, so at lunch I went over to the store to look (Maeg said I was buying the whole time, she was right), and I mean just to look. I walked out with a new camera and second lens for a really good deal, less than I saw on the website.

IMG_1076
Where did all my money go?

Immediately after work I ran on the track at work, 2012 run #15, 5k in 32:10, that's a 10:22 pace! I would rate this run as too windy, I mean really too windy. Afterward I went home all sweaty, ate, cleaned up and went to the regular Friday dance with the new camera.

IMG_4376
Whaaaaaa?

IMG_4398
New camera, still the same problem with shooting inside the Eagle's Lodge
... bad lighting.

IMG_4408
Grand Marquis was playing.

IMG_4455
The best, or, my favorite picture, from the night.

You can see all of the picture that I, and others, took with my new camera here. I went home right after the dance.

Saturday I got up 'early' and went out to the Prosanctity camp to help clean up. This may be a regular item, or at least I'm planning on it being so. I did some heavy lifting and some gardening. It's good to help out. I came home, napped, and then played Diablo 3 for several hours in the evening. I got my Demon Hunter character up to level 20 by the time I went to bed, sort of early.

IMG_4503 IMG_4496
There was one other event for the evening.

Sunday morning I met Teri and Frank at Holy Cross for church, and then we went our separate ways, sort of ... Teri went to the same place I did, the Farmers Market at Stinson Park, but we went for different reasons. She was going to shop, I was going to Lindy in the Park.

IMG_4545
Reason to Lindy-Hop #17: anti-gravity.

IMG_5016
Vivian, what kind of bug is that on the ground? Photo credit: Matt

IMG_4615
Aw, it's all the jitterbabies ... and Brian.

IMG_5143
After the dance we went to Jones Brothers Cupcakes and we, um, we ... uh.

Yeah, I took pictures, you can find them in a group here, Matt took pictures too, you can find those here. I came home, took a very short nap and then got ready to go to Shannon and Scott's nursing school graduation party. Maggie had a little trouble finding the place at Lake Zorinsky, but finally we met up and had some fun and food.

IMG_4729
The graduates! Now just a couple boards to pass and they'll be rolling in cash, right?

IMG_4752 IMG_4796
What's up with those McNamara girls?

IMG_4780
There was an eclipse! But I don't know how to use the camera yet!

IMG_4808
Help me! Help me ... too late, they got me.

Sunset came, and the party broke up, and I went home. You can see all my pictures from the party (and a walk with Maggie) here. It was a magical weekend thanks to everyone who I hung out with.

1 comment:

Viv said...

It's a Jitter-BUG...HA!!! :-)