22 August 2006

Half a Cubic Yard

I got out today into the jungle that is my front yard and made some tall grass short... some very tall grass. In fact it was so tall that I decided to do something I haven't yet done at this house. Bag my grass clippings. Basically every two trips up and down the yard I had to empty it out. After some calculations and assumptions about how full the bag got, I figured out that I probably got about 16 cubic feet worth of grass clippings ... just my front yard in just eight days.

That's a lot of carbon pulled out of the atmosphere, so don't say I haven't done my part to prevent global warming.

5 comments:

Becky said...

you're so funny. but what about the fuel you had to burn to cut that grass? hm, Mr. Environmentalist? j/k ;op

Viv said...

Thanks for your contrabution.

The Schizophrenic Elf said...

good job.

cliffo said...

Now if can just get you to stop eating beans and adding to the methane cloud.

getalife said...

Al Gore (who invented this nice internet thing) and I thank you.