28 April 2005

New Job???

I interviewed on Tuesday with the head of the Information Services (IS) department for a job that doesn't exist yet. It is dependent on us signing a new contract with a large customer. Because of the delay in between my request for an interview and when it was granted, and the involvement of my boss and his boss in getting me the interview, I thought it was going to be one of those we-are-only-interviewing-you-because-we-were-told-to-interview-you interviews. i.e. no chance. Well, the interview went very well, and much to my surprise, at the end of the interview I was taken around to meet the entire 80+ person team, and then invited to a group function the next night... I would say the interview went well, although nothing is official yet. I like what I do, I just thought a change would be nice to get back to something technical... and leave it to me to get into ANOTHER starting from scratch job. Watch this space for further news.

1 comment:

Get A Life! said...

Best of luck to you! I'm glad things went well and you are showing the company you are willing to learn new departments, thus becoming more valuable. I've been in 3 departments so far, and think it's a good idea.