21 April 2006

Oh, Does This Mean Me, Too?

Crap! I have my prayers written out on a piece of paper next to my bed. It's a kind of checklist to make sure that i consistently pray for the things I want to pray for. Straight out prayer isn't what I call a conversation with God, it's more of a mental review, probably more for my benefit, of what my philosophy is and what the direction I want to be heading in, along with a plea for God's help with it.

This doesn't mean that God won't insert the occasional comment.

Part of my prayers asks for reconciliation between God and His enemies and me and my enemies. Mostly I tend to concentrate on the big picture, and not on myself. Not today. While I was praying I decidedly heard God telling me this applied to me also, and my feelings towards the person whom I would currently call my enemy.

Arg! Our God is not one to deal in untruths. One that I like is the "I want that to apply to everyone else, not me" untruth. The Golden Rule can cut both ways.

I realize that peace is different than daily involvement or having this person as a best friend, still, I don't even know if I want that.

No comments: