07 May 2006

The Seven Deadly Sins

Okay, so I have seven triggers for migraines that I am aware of:
  1. Eating chocolate, especially dark chocolate.
  2. Eating foods with MSG.
  3. Having a cold head while I am sleeping, I pretty much wear a night cap or hoodie all the time.
  4. Seasonal allergies.
  5. Motion sickness, in particular, anything where the motion is simulated.
  6. Becoming dehydrated.
  7. Excessive exertion / no sleep.
Probably 1, 2, & 4 are all the same sort of thing.

So, lets see how I did for the 24 hours from 7pm Friday to 7pm on Saturday.
  1. Yep. Ate several chocolatey treats at Spanky & Mae's house.
  2. Sure enough. Went out for Chinese food with Spanky & Viv.
  3. Nope. I slept with my hat on all night.
  4. Yes. Spent morning and early afternoon on Saturday cutting grass, trimming trees, and planting flowers.
  5. Check. Watched Spanky play Tomb Raider: Legends on the big screen for a couple hours.
  6. That too. I danced all night Friday and then all the yard work on Saturday probably left me a little short of liquids.
  7. Okay here. Danced on Friday, then stayed out late, and then up early to work in the yard.
Well now, that's quite a score 6/7! I bet you can guess how I felt the following 24 hours from 7pm on Saturday until 7pm on Sunday. Yuck! When will I learn? One of them is probably okay, two or three is going to hurt, but six?!?! obvious insanity.

Ouch.

2 comments:

Viv said...

I don't know about you. :-). You better start behaving yourself. The people that care about you don't like seeing you in such a state.

SuzieQ said...

Chocolate gives me headaches too...but I still eat a lot of it when I do eat it. :) It's terrible that such a delicious and beautiful thing can do such an awful thing to people!