05 May 2006

Stupid Dreams

Yesterday I had an absurdly stupid wake up. I was dreaming along just fine when I used a combination of words in a sentence that was so non-sensical it woke me up. I can't remember what it was I said, otherwise it would be a much funnier story.

Today was a different story. The gist of the dream is this, there is a communist country along the Danube and in a certain city, the town council unanimously voted to flood the Danube with a new damn and then sell all of the new riverfront property to themselves. The flooding took place immediately, and hundreds of beautiful homes and priceless artworks (not to mention cars and businesses) began to be buried under the water. I am a photographer for a magazine sent into the area to get as many pictures of the disappearing town as I can before it was gone. I woke up quite angry, and have yet to simmer down.

I would love to go on a "Beckyrant" and tie this into some current event, but I have had this dream before, so instead I am just aimlessly mad.

2 comments:

Becky said...

haha, a beckyrant!

Schmendrick said...

"the town council unanimously voted to flood the Danube with a new damn and then sell all of the new riverfront property to themselves."

Pun, Freudian slip, or just a typo?