13 February 2007

Phoenix Bound

I found the picture for this post in my iPhoto, I had titled it "Hi". The irony of this is that this post is about 'Goodbye'.

monique
Hello World!

This was taken in September of 2004, probably on the 12th. Mo and I had just starting seeing each other then ... a short and tumultuous romance that led to real intimacy later as friends. No one I have encountered in my post-divorce life has had such an ability to get my raw emotions to surface. I don't know why, and I'm not saying I enjoyed it, occasionally however, her casual comments could have me upset in a flash.

Her influence on my life is fairly tangible, I didn't care for the way I ended up treating her, and it caused me to change my whole outlook on what it meant to treat someone with respect ... learning which continues today (see a couple posts back). There were several other changes that were influenced too. Our friendship grew later on, and we were able to learn about each other in a surprising way. Our friendship has become very supportive, and I have learned what it is like to have someone know you will be there for them, it is a privilege.

Okay, so it's not like she is dead, she is moving to Phoenix within a couple weeks. New job, new apartment, new life, already set up and ready to go. She'll be back for Cowtown 2007, and I look forward to dancing with her then.

The great majority of the time, I would tend to say that moving away, and trading in your current life for a new one isn't a solution that works ... however, sometimes a change in scenery is just the ticket. You go with my blessings and love Monique.

No comments: