02 January 2008

Happy New Year (pt1)

Happy and Blessed New Year to All.



I have a little catching up to do ... it's true, I'll have some pictures of the holidays up soon enough, but in the meantime some news.

Christmas Eve I was hanging with Spanky while he played Mass Effect on the X-Box, and I could not stay awake. I kept drifting off, and then pop awake and wonder what I missed in the plot-heavy game. I went home about 2:00am and, naturally, I could not go to sleep.

Well it has lasted over a week. Since that time I have slept longer than three hours exactly twice. Last Thursday evening from about 5:00pm to 9:00pm, and last night from about 2:00pm to 9:00pm (finally). Most of the time I have been sleeping from 90 minutes to 2 hours and then waking up. I can't go back to sleep, so I just get up. I try again in a few hours, so I've basically been taking two or three short naps a day for a week.

Since I've mentioned on my blog before that not sleeping is my freak out, one would expect me to be a wreck. I'm not, I am functioning surprisingly well. I will admit to being spacier than usual, but nothing bad. Everyone has been very helpful and concerned about me asking questions about stress and diet, giving sleeping tips, and sharing personal experiences. This is been much appreciated, however nothing seems to have made a difference. All of my sleeping tricks work, but I don't stay asleep.

Hopefully, if last night was an indication, I will have no more troubles.

No comments: