08 January 2008

Norfolk, USA

The very first time I visited I visited Norfolk, Nebraska there was a large sign as you drove into town declaring it to be the hometown of Johnny Carson. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see it the last two times I went there. I think it's kind of sad.

Anyways. This post is not about Johnny Carson, or even Norfolk, Nebraska, it is about visiting with friends in Norfolk. Saturday I had nothing going on, I finally got hold of InsaneElf, and I decided to put together a spur of the moment trip to meet RockinRobin and family in Norfolk, which is more or less halfway between where I live and where they live.

Have I ever mentioned that organizing my friends is a little like cat-wrangling?

After approximately 46 phone calls, we had it together. I would pick up Mae, go and get InsaneElf, and head to Norfolk to meet RockinRobin, Tim, and Baby Daniel at the Super Buffet at the west edge of Norfolk. Bonus! Tim's friend Amy was heading to O'Neill to visit them on Saturday anyways, so she would meet us there too.

IM004162_1.JPG
InsaneElf expresses her feelings when I told her no, I would not drive backwards down the expressway.

IM004166_1.JPG
We got there early, and I somehow got sucked into a shopping extravaganza with Mae and InsaneElf. The Elf did not buy this hat, but she did get some cool felt bottom shoes. Mae got one of each of everything in the store.

IM004170_1.JPG
Daniel thinks "Chicks dig me!"

IM004171_1.JPG
Amy gets a little to close to the scruff, and she spent the next 20 minutes itching her face.

IM004173_1.JPG
Daniel knows who is the bestest uncle ever.

IM004177_1.JPG
InsaneElf and RockinRobin try to outduel each other for cutest smile.

IM004177_1.JPG
After we finished dinner, we crashed the local Culvers for ice cream and a quiet game of Apples to Apples in the corner.

The best part of the trip was this was InsaneElfs first chance to see baby Daniel. Amy came up with the idea of us all crashing a hotel in Norfolk and spending the weekend, watch this space for a future adventure.

No comments: