13 January 2006

As If...

As if... anyone who reads my blog knows a football from a goalpost, but... Here are my picks for the weekends NFL playoff games:

Washington @ Seattle - this is the toss up game to me, Seattle has the better players on any given Sunday, but coach Joe Gibbs of Washington is the difference here. The man has one championships in two different sports, and can easily out-coach Seattle's Mike Holmgren.
Washington by 3.

New England @ Denver - every prognosticator you see on TV is going with New England, I guess I must be stupid, I don't see how Denver loses this game, too much altitude, not enough rest, may be close until late in the 3rd or early 4th, but the champions go down.
Denver by 10.

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis - let me just say this, Mr. Jerome Bettis, thank you for a wonderful career, you have been class and grace (okay more like class and a wrecking ball) on and off the football field. You are the reason I like sports so much, a good man, working hard, and setting an example for others. Thank you.
Indianapolis by 1,472.

Carolina @ Chicago - oops, I think we are about to get a homer call... I went through the game in a work related e-mail to Misty, I admit I am nervous about this matchup more than any other in the NFC, yes we beat them once, but there were some things that just didn't go well. The more I thought about it, the less I could see the Bears getting away from who they were, they run the ball and play spectacular defense. Enough offense to win, aided by at least one defensive score.
Chicago by 3.

Let's see if I should have flown to Vegas...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i made the blog by name - impressive! and by the way, you may have to explain a lot of football stuff to me, but i do know the difference between a football and a goalpost. i would never try to kick a goal post between two footballs...

Beckstraordinary said...

Ahhh...a subject that is only familiar to me when I'm on high school bleachers. Good luck with all of those predictions anyway. :)