18 January 2006

Micro-thoughts

My new schedule has been put on hold until the other person who will work opposite me is hired. I guess there just aren't enough people in the world who want every other week off of work. :-)

Speaking of work, it looks like one of the people I know has been caught by the work blog police. I just tried to go to her blog, and it is down, and her last entry was about how her boss had found her blog and she was in trouble for some of the unflattering things she had said about her job. A poster on her site tried to make it a free speech issue, it's really not, see this CNN article for more about work / blogs / free speech. As a person who has been fired suspiciously quickly after filing a workmans comp claim, I can tell you that if it isn't about race / age / gender, you can pretty much be fired for any or no reason whatsoever. I hope she still has her job.

I will be taking the Monday Balboa class when it starts on the 30th. Classes on any other day of the week will be harder to take once the new schedule starts, but I bet I will manage. This will be Balboa class number three for me (plus one Balswing). I feel as though I have the Bal basic down finally... I am not even a slow learner on this, I am not the only person with a long Balboa learning curve. I love Bal, it's amazing to watch (Brian, Billy, Jonathon) and quite fun to (try) dance.

The UP building only has Coke machines... yuck! It only cost me $6/day to park here. (edit: I have since been told the other break room has Pepsi). This will probably be my last time working down here, I won't get to come down here once I hit my new schedule. I really like a couple of the people down here, Dan & Danielle in particular.

2 comments:

Viv said...

I think I know who you're talking about. She got a new blog. I hope she is okay to.

Sarah said...

I had a comment to this post. It ended up being a post to my blog.