22 March 2005

Did I Really Volunteer

Yes, ladies and gentlemen who actually waste your valuable time reading my virtual rag... I volunteered to host an Easter Dinner. What am I thinking... I must be even crazier than I thought possible. I already have one commit, and one maybe could be, and I posted it on the Jitterbugs forum, so I'm in now, so all that's left is burning the food and going nuts.

I do remember what it was like to be far away from home when I was in the military over a holiday, and although they always tried to make the chow hall and the meal a pleasant experience, there was nothing quite like being over at someone's home... no matter how bad the cooking, and usually mine is not that bad. Keep watching this space to find out how many times the fire department showed up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be wonderful! You're a great cook and a comfortable host. A good time will be had by all.

Unknown said...

and in fact, a good time was had by all. my tummy hurt i laughed so much.