11 January 2007

Random Thoughts v0002

Gruel And Unusual...
For the past couple of days I have had oatmeal for breakfast. This happens every so often I just get in the mood for it. When I eat it I can't help having the following words run through my head "this is rib sticking food", and even at my weight I don't like that thought.


Adventures At The Grocery Store...
I remember my iPod, but of course the batteries are completely drained. Welcome to classic rock, No-Frills style.

Grocery lists are a must for me, I still bought three things not on the list, but it was of the I forgot to put this on my list variety.

Yeah! My cart rolled straight and I didn't have to wait in line.

$116?!?!?! I just wanted to buy groceries, not the whole store.


No One Is Innocent...
Has there been a slimier collection of people than those involved with the Duke lacrosse (alleged) rape case? The accuser, the accused, the D.A., all have the ethical capacity of cockroach.

I feel like I need a shower just reading about it.


Paranoia...
Those who have known me a long time know this is my worst day to day struggle. I very often (unrealistically) feel like I am about to lose my job, my friends, my whatever. Probably this is an (emotional?) abandonment issue. Anything that goes wrong can set it off. I recently realized that I would have to do something pretty stupid to get Viv off of my side, and today I had some similar feelings expressed by another friend.

I often say the golden rule swings both ways. I don't believe that you abandon your friends at the first sign of trouble, yet I have trouble believing that people feel that way about me despite reassurance and evidence.


Denial Looks Like...
US Government policy on global warming. Regardless of the cause, consequences, and solution, it is just unfathomable how you can look at the facts and not see an obvious trend.


Better Than Homemade Ice Cream...
My friends, you gals and guys are the best ever, I can only hope to be more like you are.


What's The Delay Here???
It has been almost six months since Apple announced you could buy movies on iTunes. I checked today, and there are a grand total of 235 movies available, and a whole lot of those are B movies and video only releases. If it weren't for their relationship with Disney, there would be virtually no 'big' movies at all, except for those piratey movies. I know I don't have a reputation for being a movie fan, but I do like some, and I like the idea of having them at my finger tips to watch at my pace and leisure.


Dancing...
I feel like I am at a crossroads with my dancing. I do well enough as a social dancer, but I feel kind of stuck with it. I want to be more creative, and I am finding it difficult to be so with a couple of exceptions (follows). I suppose it is my brain that is stuck and I can be more creative with almost anyone I dance with, but I am still feeling jammed into a dancing crevice.

So you are all warned, I might try something unexpected on a dance floor near you soon.


A Brain The Size Of Half A Walnut...
As I unloaded the groceries, I left the back door open. I usually let the cats get out and play in the back yard for :15 minutes or so. Here are Sierra's activities for the last :05 before I chased her in:
Run outside
Run inside
Run outside
Run down the deck stairs
Run up the deck stairs
Run inside
Run outside
Hide behind the shovel
Run down the deck stairs
Roll in dirt
Run up the deck stairs
Run down the deck stairs
Go outside the fence
Go inside the fence
Go outside the fence
Run under the car
Run out from under the car
Go inside the fence
Run up the deck stairs
Run inside
Run outside
Run down the deck stairs
Roll in dirt
Run up the deck stairs
Hide behind the shovel
Run inside
Run outside
Run inside
Run outside
Hide behind the shovel
Go inside to stay - I'm worn out just writing about it.

Zeke's activities:
Slink outside.
Jump off of the deck
Circle the shed once
Hunker down in the dirt and sit
Get picked up and carried in.

4 comments:

Viv said...

Wow! You have a lot going on!! You bet your booty that it would be really hard to get me off your side. Thanks for the complement.
I think you are a creative dancer but I look forward to seeing some new things you might be thinking about. I'll try not to anticipate.

Becky said...

Sierra and Lexie must be soul mates.

Janna said...

Hey, I like this "random thought" format. Look at all those thoughts!
A hundred and sixteen bucks for groceries??!!?? What the heck do you eat, truffles and caviar? Or did you get 200 boxes of macaroni and cheese, or what? Do the cats eat swordfish and pate???
Judging from what I've read on this end of things, your friends love you dearly, and you probably couldn't lose them even if you tried really reeaallly hard. :) And you sound like a good friend yourself, too.
I LOVED your list of Sierra's outdoor/indoor activities. It's as if she had a couple cups of espresso beforehand. :) Sometimes my cats are like that too. In fact, just now, as I'm typing this, Brynden and Doyle are racing past, at breakneck speed, sounding like a herd of ponies.
I also laughed when I read your heading "Gruel And Unusual." :) Once in awhile I get in the mood for oatmeal too.
(gasp) THAT'S what you must have bought at the store-- a hundred boxes of oatmeal!
:)

Get A Life! said...

The universe is so unfair...a twig can eat $116 in groceries! I love oatmeal! That alone should mean I will live to be 100! And I'll always be your friend. (Especially when I need html help)