31 January 2007

January 2007 Music Reviews


Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins (bought on iTunes): (This was one of my CD's that was stolen out of my office when I worked at Cox Cable.) I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone... Billy Corgan and I grew up 35 miles apart and have some interesting comparables in our backgrounds. Although it is true I am NOT in the same place now that I was in 1995 when this came out, it was amazing how it spoke to me then, and is a good reminder of where I was then. Without a doubt, Muzzle is the song I am after here, it may still be in my top ten for songs, it is one of three songs I keep the lyrics for laying around on my computer. To me the entire song offers the best insight into the empty rage that comes from trying to be validated by the world...

No comments: