18 July 2006

Surgery Update part 000D

What? Crap! Isn’t it a little late for this?

Okay, so, surgery date: April 18. Current date: July 18. Hold on, let me do the math, that’s um, carry the six, multiply by two pi, add Fibonacci’s age, divide by W’s IQ ...oops, that operation is undefined... (20 minutes later) it has been three months.

So I am sitting in my car this afternoon when wham! I get the heebie-jeebies about the surgery! I mean I got the shivers and was just plain wigged out. It’s been three months, I am 98% physically recovered, in fact, since I am not having as many headaches now, I am more like 125% back to normal (run that through the math machine).

I was fine leading up to the surgery, I was fine through the surgery, I didn’t even get grossed out by all of the, um, excess mucus after the surgery ... but now, 91 days later, I, in the words of The Cure, shiver and shake. The whole thing only lasted a couple minutes or so, and then it was gone.

Weird.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yeah. Weird.

Viv said...

That sucks you had to go through that. It sounds scary. It does not however; sound weird to me. I think what you went through is normal. Your body had to spend so much energy healing itself that your mind didn't have time to fully process what happened. The stuff that was put on hold is playing catch up now. I wish I could have been there to give you a hug.