06 July 2007

Catching up, part V b

Sunday night I joined some of the Great Adventures people for counselor training for the Luis Palau Heartland Festival and afterwards for Sunday prayer time.

The training video training, and was pretty much what I expected, entertaining, confidence building, and set good boundaries of what to do and what not to do. This isn't Luis Palau's first come-to-Jesus revival, so they have a pretty good idea of what they want to accomplish. Good advice from the video, have breath mints!

I generally like what Luis Palau has to say, he seems to be practical and love focused. I'm never really sure if I actually believe a public persona, it's difficult for me to entirely trust someone I do not personally know, but I think he is sincere, and I guess that is about the best compliment I can give someone.

After the training I joined the usual Sunday Prayer they have out at Travis' house. You just can't pray enough, it's difficult to harbor hate and resentment when communing with God ... and ,perhaps the most obvious thing I've ever written, less hate and more peace is a really good thing. I asked the group to pray for my mother over some very specific issues, and when I talked to her yesterday, amazingly those issues were resolved. Ah, viewing the world with faith-filled eyes is a better sight.

Prayer, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

No comments: