21 July 2007

OnionBoy update

New Job
I applied for, and got a different position here at my employer working in the IT department. I don't have my start date yet, but I am figuring the last week in August or first week in September. After sixteen months on the 7 on / 7 off, twelve hour shift schedule, I am burned out on it, the schedule, not the job. The new position will be normal weekday hours with an occasional rotating on-call pager. Plus it will be more in line with my college education, it's very much what I have wanted to do here for three plus years.



New Song
Well I tried to publish a new song the other day and got stuck by that mystery Firefox/Blogger issue that locks up when you use words in a certain order. Anyways, not because of that, but because of some musical issues and discussion with musical talent extraordiare SmileChild, I decided to simplify the song and redo the verses down to one verse and make it praise and worship style. I will post it when it is done.



New Musical Talent
Speaking of music, I stuck my foot in it again ... and this time not my mouth, but a bass drum. The Bible Study praise and worship band drummer got married and moved away (how rude), leaving us completely without a rhythym section. I was either moved by the Spirit, got tired of no one else volunteering, or was overcome by delusions of adequacy (probably all three), and I said I would do it. I haven't played 'live' yet, but I've practiced with the band twice, and I have surprised myself, hopefully in short order I will be playing with the band, and keeping time ... and as an added benefit, I heard drummers get all the chicks, although I'd be happy with just one.



New Picture

IM003802.JPG
This picture is cool because it really captures what dancing is all about, having a good time!



New Attitude
My mood over the eight or nine days can best be summed up by these words from The Love of God by Mercy Me:
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
and were the skies of parchment made.
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
and every man a scribe by trade.
To write the love of God above,
would drain the ocean dry,
nor could the scroll, contain the whole
though stretched from sky to sky...
Hallelujah
I told MistyJoJangles the other day that I have been so in love with God lately, and I have no other words to use, I have at moments in the past ten years had short periods of joy and peace, but just for a few hours or a day at most ... this has been a week plus of just love, and no sex, no drugs, no rock'n'roll could replace this feeling I have in me, and I think I've tried all of that enough to know. I yearn to join the saints and angels in their song of glory to the King who knows all His subjects by name.

Many thanks to SmileChild for allowing me to borrow a picture with actual, written permission.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've told you already, but congrats on the new job!

and i love that mercyme song, it's one of my favorites.

Janna said...

Yay for the job! :)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love new jobs! :) congrats!